ISS launches SecurOS® FACT Check for airports
Facial authentication solution to revolutionize access control in aviation environments.
Woodbridge, N.J., October 25th, 2023 – ISS (Intelligent Security Systems), a leading global provider of video intelligence and data awareness solutions, announced today the launch of SecurOS® FACT (Faces As Credentials Technology) Check for aviation environments. Leveraging our industry-leading FaceX facial recognition technology, FACT Check enables airports to turn their existing security infrastructure, including surveillance cameras and card readers, into a full-featured facial authentication solution for access control.
Despite the myriad improvements in passenger and luggage screening over the past two decades, there has been little innovation in the way of improving the security user experience for employees, contractors and other stakeholders in airports. In fact, much of the market is still heavily reliant on card-based credentials, which of course can be easily lost or stolen.
With FACT Check, airports can use images of employees in their current access control or visitor management system without having to go through the expense and time required to re-enroll the entire workforce. Additionally, unlike some solutions that are unable to recognize individuals following slight changes to their personnel appearance, such as changing their hairstyle or eyewear, our deep subject matter expertise in facial recognition means that FACT Check is unphased and will continue to deliver accuracy rates of 98% or better each and every time.
Some of the other benefits of SecurOS® FACT Check include:
- Multi-Factor Authentication – While faces can be used as the sole means of granting and denying access, airports can also continue to use physical credentials in tandem with FACT Check to create a multi-factor authentication solution where required.
- Eliminate Bias – With deployments in more than 50 countries across six continents, ISS has incorporated a quarter-century of lessons learned into our algorithms and training data. This experience means that FACT Check works accurately with any demographic to enable the rapid recognition of personnel.
- Advanced Anti-Spoofing Technology – As with SecurOS® FaceX, FACT Check analyzes face liveness at the door to ensure that printed or mobile photos presented at a reader will generate an automatic alarm.
- Unmatched Speed – The entire identification process and opening of the door is done in less than 500 milliseconds.
- ACS and Identify Management Integration – Existing integrations with all major access control and identity management systems.
- Robust Data Security – All personal data is encrypted in transit and at rest.
- Tailgating Detection – Identifies incidents of tailgating at access points and sends an immediate notification to security operators and/or other key stakeholders.
- Loitering Detection – Generates alerts regarding people loitering near doors and other sensitive areas to provide critical predictive notifications of potential criminal or other disruptive behaviors.
“Having released our first facial analytics back in 2004 and with deployments across 56 countries, we have been able to develop incredible capabilities with our facial technology products that outpace both experienced manufacturers and start-ups alike”
“Between whitepapers on how we solved challenges with bias to accuracy in a changing dynamic environment, there is no better way to secure your facility than with our FACT Check solution. The flexibility to use the image in the access control or identity management system as a biometric, with any access control and without re–enrolling the badging population, will be a game changer for airports and we are proud to lead the way.”
Managing Director for North America
About ISS – Intelligent Security Systems
Headquartered in Woodbridge, N.J., with offices worldwide, Intelligent Security Systems (ISS) is a leading provider of video intelligence and data awareness software. The company, which was founded more than two decades ago and holds over 30 different patents and trademarks, is a pioneer in the development of next-generation video analytics. With an R&D team consisting of over 180 developers and engineers, ISS provides a comprehensive line of leading-edge video surveillance solutions for a wide range of use cases and vertical market applications. For more information, visit https://issivs.com/.