We are seeking for an experienced Business Development Manager that is self-motivated, with a proven track record of execution as a team member and team leader. The ideal candidate will develop new end user business opportunities and have experience in selling to multiple verticals including Transportation, Law Enforcement, Critical Infrastructure, Healthcare, Campuses, and the Corporate sector within a given region and / or vertical. Secondary responsibility is to identify and develop channel partners within a given region and / or vertical.
This role will be responsible for the states of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop and manage all industry end user relationships within the defined territory and/or vertical.
- Experience and executive presence to lead client meetings.
- Identify, grow, manage and support new and existing channel partners.
- Experience in selling to multiple verticals including Transportation, Law Enforcement, Critical Infrastructure, Oil and Gas, Healthcare, Campuses, and the Corporate sector.
- Develop a sales strategy that cultivates and develops business connections at all levels of a customer’s organization in our targeted markets.
- Meet new customer revenue and current customer expansion targets (i.e. driving renewal revenue, and ensuring client satisfaction).
- Understand and influence customer buying process.
- Communicate ISS’ solutions and services to meet customer specific needs.
- Meet or exceed established sales goals through strategic account planning, networking, and the utilization of corporate resources from pre-call research through close, including presentation preparation for all phases of the sales cycle.
- Work to develop and drive spec opportunities with A&E partners and consultants
- Collaborate with pre-sales engineering team, lead and oversee ISS’ responses to RFP/RFI initiatives.
- Assist channel partners with quotations and proposals.
- Regularly conduct strategic account evaluations to assess service needs and product use patterns.
- Develop a strong understanding of the ISS SecurOS platform and analytics, with a focus on the value it may provide to a client’s business.
- Offer detailed and timely reports on activities and opportunities within the region.
- Provide marketplace feedback, including competitive information, customer expectations, industry trends, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience in Sales and /or Business Development in software sales (in physical security, preferred)
- Experience selling technology / solutions to end users
- Experience in Manufacturer Sales to Distributors and Systems Integrators
- Ability to build new relationships with end users
- A thorough grasp of the physical security industry as it relates to A&E Market
- Understanding of one- and two-tier distribution models
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with excellent listening skills
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Experience with Excel and CRM a must
- Prepared to travel 40% (or more) of time
- Salary Range: $90,000 – $110,000
- Commissions based on sales target achievements
- HealthCare, Eye, Dental, Life Insurance
- Vacation, Personal Time, Holidays
Job Type: Full-time